The Durham Public Library is closed to the public. All programs are canceled through April 30. We will reopen when it is safe to do so.
During this closure, the following services will remain available:
- Library staff will be available via email from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. While we will not be in the building to answer the phones, please leave us a message and we will return your call.
- We have extended the due date on items that are currently checked out until May 1.
- We will continue to offer a wide array of digital resources, including books, audiobooks, music, streaming movies and television, digital subscriptions to newspapers and magazines, and streaming arts and crafts classes at durhamlibrary.org/digital-resources/.
- The Library’s free wifi can be accessed from most locations in the parking lot. We encourage patrons who need wifi access to park and access the wifi from their vehicle. No password is required.
- If you do not have a library card but would like to access our digital services, please call or email the library and we will get back to you with a temporary card number.
The following services are no longer available:
- The curbside pickup service has been discontinued. No holds will be filled until the library reopens.
- The book drop is closed. Please hold materials until the Library reopens. All fines accrued on overdue materials will be waived.
Please ask us if you have any questions. We will update everyone should the situation change. Please check the library website and follow us on social media for updates. In the meantime, please stay healthy and safe!
Christine Michaud, Library Director, and the Staff of the Durham Public Library.
Information Resources on COVID-19