The Library has a Notary Public available to notarize your documents.
Appointments are required for all notary services. Please call 860-349-9544, ext. 3 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Documents must be signed in the presence of the Notary. Do not sign them beforehand.
- Two forms of I.D. are required – an up-to-date driver’s license or government issued photo I.D., plus one other form of identification showing your name. Social Security cards and birth certificates are NOT acceptable forms of ID. Both forms of ID MUST contain your signature. One I.D. must include a picture. Both must be up to date/not expired.
- If the document to be notarized requires witnesses, the witness(es) must also present two forms of ID.
- The library CAN notarize and give certificates for witness of signature, jurats, affidavits, acknowledgements, and attested copies.
- The notary public reserves the right to not sign documents without an area or indication of a notary seal or signature but can provide a certificate if stated or requested.
- The library CANNOT notarize wills, trusts, powers of attorney, or marriage licences.
- The library’s notary service is free.
- The notary public reserves the right to refuse notarizing of any illegitimate documents or known false statements.