The Library has a Notary Public available to notarize your documents.
Appointments are required for all notary services. Please call 860-349-9544, ext. 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Documents must be signed in the presence of the Notary. Do not sign them beforehand.
- Two forms of I.D. are required – an up-to-date driver’s license or government issued photo I.D., plus one other form of identification showing your name. Social Security cards and birth certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.
- If the document to be notarized requires witnesses, the witness(es) must also present two forms of ID.
- The library CAN notarize and give certificates for witness of signature, jurats, affidavits, acknowledgements, and attested copies.
- The library CANNOT notarize wills, trusts, powers of attorney, or marriage licences.
- The library’s notary service is free.