R. David Turley, Chairman
Anne Mueller, Vice Chairman
Shari Adams, Treasurer
Robert Booz, Recording Secretary
Jane Eriksen, Chairman Emeritus
Meetings: Second Tuesday of every month at 7:30
2015 Meeting Dates
Board Minutes: Current month’s minutes have not been approved:
Durham Public Library Board of Trustees
January 13, 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm.
Present: Shari Adams, Bob Booz, Jane Eriksen, Lynn Johnson, Anne Mueller, Mary Ryan, David Turley, Kary Strickland and Trish Connolly. Absent: Rosemarie Naples,
- I. Public Comments/Communications
There was no correspondence or public comment.
- II. Minutes from Meeting of December 9 , 2014
Two corrections to the minutes were noted. Jane Eriksen moved to accept the minutes. Seconded by Anne Mueller. Minutes accepted with changes noted.
- III. Financial Reports
Trish Connolly presented the Director’s financial report. Shari Adams discussed the analysis of C-Car funding and its effects the budget cycle. David Turley moved and Anne Mueller seconded a motion to use an amount not to exceed $4,000.00 from the French Fund designated gift for books and media purchases for the remainder of this fiscal year.
- IV. Librarians’ Reports
Trish Connolly presented highlights from the Directors Report.
- Two grants were pursued
- Youth Services, particularly the afternoon crowd of middle school students, continues. The Director temporarily established a teen lounge in the Activity Room on a trial basis. It will be staffed by a library employee for supervision. Food will not be allowed in the room.
- V. Committee Reports
- PALS: Restaurant solicitation for Taste of Durham is successful. Twenty restaurants have been signed up and music will be provided in the lower meeting rooms.
- Maintenance: At the previous night’s town meeting, funds were allocated for roof replacement and painting. These were welcomed as commitments by the town to the maintenance and attractiveness of the building.
- VI. Old Business
- Strategic Plan Update: An overall of the Tactical Plan with status to date was discussed.
- Other: General discussion of status of Library matters.
V. New Business
A. Library Director Evaluation – Jane Eriksen moved and Anne Mueller seconded a motion to move into Executive Session for Personnel Matters at 9:07p.m.
Bob Booz moved and Anne Mueller seconded a motion to move out of Executive Session at 9:52 p.m.
Adjourned 9:55 p.m.
Robert Booz, Secretary