71 Main Street
The house is on a lot high above Main Street and just north of the Roberts-Smithson House. A private drive runs by the front of the house. A small gable-roofed shed stands to the rear.
- Record ID: 97
- Address: 71 Main Street
- Current Owner: Clarke, Ruth Heycraft
- Name of Building:
- Historic Name: Parsons-Camp House
- Download PDF of Original Record
The house has a basement level concrete garage. A hip-roofed ell has been added to the southwest corner of the house. The south side of the roof features a small gable dormer.
Historical or Architectural Importance
The Parsons-Camp House, built ca. 1840, is a 1 1/2 story, gable-to-street nineteenth century domestic structure. Its post-and-beam frame is presently covered by aluminum siding. In 1838, Henry Parsons and Isaac Hull received the Roberts-Smithson House lot from Leonard Chamberlain. Nine years later, Parsons sold the northernmost part of this lot to Thomas C. Camp with this dwelling house upon it. Parsons was a joiner by trade, and Camp was a shoemaker. William Alonzo Camp ,inherited this house and remained here until 1886. He was an active member in the present day First Church of Christ.