26 Main Street (east side)
Set close to the road, the Stone House is situated on the east side of Main Street across from Kowalski Real Estate.
- Record ID: 122
- Address: 26 Main Street (east side)
- Current Owner: Sweet, Lloyd L. and Stella P.
- Name of Building:
- Historic Name: Charles G. Stone House
- Download PDF of Original Record
The Stone House is a very plain and modest structure. The facade includes a one story shed- roofed porch, with three four-paned double-leaf windows, and one eight-paned door which is flanked by four-paned sidelights.
Historical or Architectural Importance
Charles G . Stone built this small, wood-shingled, 1 story domestic building ca 1930. The house rests on a brick foundation and is capped by an asphalt-shingled gable-to-street
roof. An off-center exterior chimney is placed on the east side.
In 1904 George Stone aquired a 1 2/5 acre piece of land with two houses. He built this small domestic building ca. 1930 and sold the whole lot the year after.