2 Main Street, (east side)
Located on a wooded lot, this house is set high up and back from Main Street.
- Record ID: 128
- Address: 2 Main Street, (east side)
- Current Owner: Kuester, Carl K.
- Name of Building:
- Historic Name: Adolph A.H. Zieroth House
- Download PDF of Original Record
The gable-on-street facade is marked with a north 1/2 length open porch with a pedimented gable roof supported by square box posts; it shelters a 1/1 sash window and
an off-center door. One double 6/1 window flanking the entry way completes the first story and another double window is centered in the gable.
Historical or Architectural Importance
This 1 1/2 story bungalow house was built in 1932 by Adolph A.H. Zieroth. It has an asphalt gable roof and the building rests on a poured concrete foundation. In 1932
Adolph Zieroth purchased 1 1/2 acres of land from Walter S. Wilcox. Within four years this bungalow was built. Although not as old as many of the other houses in
the Historic District, this early twentieth-century bungalow house plays an important role in Durham’s architectural history.