Starting June 1st, register for our Wandoo Summer Reading Program, read, participate in challenges and attend library programs to collect prizes and tickets towards a charitable donation!
Go HERE to find out about our Summer Programs and events for children and families.
Go HERE to find out about our Summer Reading Teen programs.
Prizes must be claimed on or before Friday, September 1st.
1.Follow these links: Grades K-5 go HERE Grades 6-12 go HERE Adults go HERE
(If your child is younger stop by the Summer Reading Desk to pick up a game board for your baby or toddler!)
2. Fill out the required information.
To Log Reading Time:
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Either on your homepage or the “Books” tab, type in the title of the book you read, and the amount of time in minutes you spent reading. Click “Submit Log.” If you finished the book, be sure to check that box as well.
To Complete Optional Challenges ( for even more tickets!)
1. Sign in to your account.
2. Find the “challenges” tab, and click on a challenge and follow the competition requirements. Remember these are OPTIONAL.
To Get Prizes and Tickets:
1. Once you’ve logged either, 100, 200, 400, 800 or 1000 minutes of reading and/or completed a challenge/ or book (adults only) a message will appear indicating you’ve earned a prize or ticket.
2. Head to the Summer Reading Desk to claim your reward!
Prizes Grades K-5
Read 100 minutes and earn a coupon pack to use at local businesses all summer long and one ticket. Claim soon, these coupon expire!
Read 400 minutes and earn an inflatable guitar (while supplies last) and 4 tickets.
Read 800 minutes and select a book to keep and 8 tickets.
Read 1000 minutes and be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire and 10 tickets.
Ticket earned will be counted towards a charitable donation. The charity with the most tickets will receive a $75 donation.
Participate in additional challenges all summer long to earn extra tickets for your favorite charity
Prizes Grades 6-12
Participants must be able to come to the library to receive raffle tickets. The goal is to read 800 minutes in total, and for every 200 minutes you log in, you receive a raffle ticket! Raffle tickets can be redeemed and picked up at the summer reading desk. You can place your raffle tickets into any of these prize buckets:
- $10 Gift Certificate to Durham Dari Serv
- $15 Subway Gift Card
- $15 Fandango Movie Gift Card
- $20 Amazon Gift Card
- VR Headset Including Joystick (compatible with Android and iOS phones with 4″ to 6.3″ phone screens)
Summer reading prize winners will be announced on Friday, August 25. Winners must be able to pick up their prizes in person at the library on or after Friday, August 25.
*Those who wish to continue reading for more tickets can read up to 1200 minutes and can only receive a limit of 6 raffle tickets per reader. You can continue to log in minutes online as you wish.
Readers may also participate in the Teen Mini Challenge for scratch-off tickets for a small prize such as candy, stickers, temporary tattoos, or glow sticks. Mini-challenges to get a scratch-off lotto ticket are:
- Follow the library on Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Attend a teen program
- Check out books, movies, video games, or audiobooks
- Claim a raffle ticket
- Post a picture of a book you’re reading on our social media accounts or tag us
Visit the Summer Reading desk to receive a scratch-off ticket when you complete a challenge! Challenges can be completed as many times as you’d like throughout the summer but only one scratch-off ticket can be redeemed per day.
Adults will be earning 1 ticket for every book they read!
Tickets earned will be counted towards a charitable donation. The charity with the most tickets will receive a $75 donation. Come to the
Durham Public Library to claim your tickets.
You will earn 1 ticket for every book logged.
Participate in additional challenges all summer long to earn extra
tickets for your favorite charity!
if you have any questions or need assistance with any part of this you stop by the Library’s Summer Reading Desk or contact Head of Youth Services Alexandra Klaus at firstname.lastname@example.org or Youth Services Assistant, Gina Monti, at email@example.com.