The Durham Public Library is the intellectual and cultural center for Durham, offering a supportive, welcoming environment that encourages all to…read…to discover…to question…to exchange ideas…to grow.
With over 100,000 visitors annually, the Durham Public Library serves a large number of new and returning patrons. We are actively involved with the life of our community and seek to serve our patrons with excellence.
- Established: 1894
- Building size: 15,000 square feet
- Collection size: 66,000 items (books, DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks, Magazines)
- Governance: Library Board of Trustees
- Meeting rooms: 3
- Public access computers: 12
- Annual circulation: over 250,000 items
- Program attendance: over 5,000 annually
- On-line Databases, accessible 24 hours a day through library website
- Downloadable audio and E-books
- Wi-Fi access throughout the building
The Durham Public Library is a vital resource for our community – not only in what it has to offer in terms of resources and services, but also in terms of its warm, helpful staff.